Thursday, June 16, 2011

What is JK Rowling's new "Pottermore?"


Very excited about a (possible) new development in the fabulous world of Harry Potter! Thanks to a recent notice on Book Blogs, we know that Rowling is planning something new in the much-beloved Potter universe.

The information is spotty, but currently, the domain for Pottermore is active, with a short note that says, simply, "Coming Soon" and it's signed by the author herself.

I've added a screenshot so you can see what I mean. For Harry Potter fans, this news is akin to winning the lottery. I watched numerous interviews with Rowling after she finished the series, and I was certain from her responses that she was done with these characters.

I'm really happy about this, and I'll be posting more news as more is released.

UPDATE: If you click on the owls, it takes you to a countdown clock! Thanks to Dorothy on Book Blogs for this tip! 

1 comment: